Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Too fly, Too late and straight wiggedy ( Part 2)

Too Fly;

America
• All those years I spent traveling abroad having to bear listening to complaints about American government, consumption, foreign policy and the likes are, for the most part, behind me. Ladies and gent we are” free to roam about the skies”. Being American is “cool” again.

Peace
• The NGO I am working at is small but mighty. I am looking forward to the work we will doing! The conference I will be working on will be entitled Security in the Middle East and will include “experts” and diplomats from Holland, Iran, Iraq, Palestine, Israel, UK, USA and TBD. Some of the people I have met are just phenomenal. I can’t wait until I am an ambassador and can work with them on a daily basis.

Hope for video game addicts
• There is the first ever ( I think) rehab facilities for GAMERS. Put the controller down and step away from the Wii...Halima, I mean you! See the link below.
http://www.engadget.com/2006/07/15/rehab-center-for-video-game-addicts-opens-in-amsterdam/

Traveling by Train
• The trains are clean and it is very relaxing to travel. They are kinda expensive but overall I like traveling by train! Beats taking the bus or going through airport security!

Stockholm, SWEDEN!
* This city is too hot! I love Sweden. It is mad cold here but the people are dope, the fashion is dope and the music scene is popping. SWEDEN!!!!!


Too Late:

Lionel Richie
• This dude is HUGE. He has a concert in April and it is listed in all the mags as a HOT TICKET!!! What?!?! For really, real? I would say that is not a hot ticket but a NOT ticket! (Haha!)


Straight Wiggedy:

Ryan Air
• Before I left for Europe, I was singing the praises of Ryan Air, the low cost British based airline that flies you across Europe SUPER cheap. My ticket to Sweden cost 22 Euro, while my trip to Marseilles cost 25 Euro. Sounds like a great deal, right? Well, to get to the airport from where I live takes 1hr and 45min and cost 20 Euro each way (bus and train) and once U arrive at the destination, the airport is so ridiculously far from the city you will spend another hr and 20 min of travel time to get to the center of the city. It cost me about 16 EURO each way just to get to the city. So my total travel cost of getting to Sweden was NOT 22 Euro but about 100 Euro and to Marseilles the same. The price is still not bad but a 2 hr flight turns into 6 hrs of travel. Ryan is a wrap unless the flights are free. In the words of my omniscient sister, Alicia, “ Hey, it’s time or money. Time or money”. For those visiting me, please fly to Amsterdam, the London thing is a wrap.

Paying to use the bathroom
• Can you image that you really have to use the bathroom but instead of rushing in too "use it", you are digging in the bottom of your purse for 50 Euro Cent or even 1 EURO!!! I can cost up to $1.25 to use the bathroom, BUT they are clean and, ladies, there are NEVER any lines:)

3 comments:

  1. Kym, I love you. Thank you for thinking of my addiction and how to help it. You are the best.

    Truly yours,
    Halima

    Wii is crack but rehab is whack. Yeah, I said it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. An ambassador? From where to where? I'm not so sure that's a good idea. Nice blog though ;)

    One Love,
    -Frank

    ReplyDelete
  3. Despite all the "liberties" and "freedoms" we have here, being American is overrated. It gives you a biased outlook on the world. It would scare you to understand how many of us are falsely informed about the world around us and the disparate groups of people that inhabit it. Ignorance is bliss.

    ReplyDelete