Sunday, February 15, 2009

More funding for the arts please......


I just saw the WACKEST high talent show performance parading as a professional dance troop. This was a Dutch version of "urban" dance and ballet fusion. It was all over the place and I kept wishing Alicia or Deangela was there so I could make all of my jokes!! The worst thing was that I PAID money ( you guys KNOW I hate spending money for some bootleg stuff). I was in the 5th row and I was all geeked. It was in one of the 2 large performing halls in Rotterdam. The house was packed I was with someone who strongly recommended the HET National Ballet company and I was told that the "urban dance company", called DON'T HIT MAMA...yes that is the name of the company...was good. BOTH WERE WIGGEDY. It was like regular street dance with bootleg NON AILEY ballet dancers. This pic should have let me know what I was in for. Click the link to see the WACK, disjointed performance.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rNwhIaj0bWA&feature=related


The worst part was these people gave them a STANDING OVATION?!?! Just because it was "urban" and "different". IT WAS WACK. Some dude was break dancing and another was doing a 2 step....SO!?!?! I guess I have been spoiled living in New York and seeing the best the world has to offer. More funding for these guys please....

1 comment:

  1. Reminds me of all the bad poetry slams I've suffered through...where the wackest poets always get the heaviest applause and the dope ones who actually have CONTENT get hated on. Go figure.

    ReplyDelete