Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Too fly, Too late and straight wiggedy ( Part 1)


Hey guys! I want to fill you in on what I have been experiencing out here. This is call "Too fly, Too late and straight wiggedy". Here i will inform you of the latest, greatest and wackest thing I have encountered.

Too Fly;

Peugeot motorbikes
• My dad was before his time. He was rocking the Peugeot WAAAAAAY back in the day, but the States were not ready for a 6’7” black dude in a foreign sports car. But my dad, always the trendsetter, knew what was up. Peugeot is the brand of motorbike I want. Like 6 out of 10 cars are Peugeot (they have their duds but they have some fly cars too), but these little scooter/motorcycles are what’s up.

Surinamese food
• The Dutch had colonies in Indonesia, South Africa, India and Suriname. Because of this, you have immigrants from all of these countries. Before coming to Holland I could not identify a Surinamese person if you dropped me in the country and pointed them out to me, now I am ALL UP IN their restaurants. It is crazy. Think of Chinese food (Yall KNOW I love Chinese food!) but it is really spicy with Indian, Indonesia and Thai influences. SOOOOOOO good, stop by and I will take to a spot.

Flavored syrup
• It’s the little things, kid. They have a updated version of our kool-aid over here. JUST ADD WATER!! SUGAR INCLUDED!!! It is in a liquid form, none of that messy powder and some “high brow flavors”. This is kool aid for the upper crust. Kool aid…get wit it! They start exporting this junk…YALL OUT OF BIZNASS!

Marseilles, France
* Check the pic, kids. This city is too hot! I went to a gypsy club and heard some music. Went to the Hammam and got a scrub. Took a boat to an island and had moules et frites. I attended a crepe party and soaked up the sun…ahhh France, how you love to charm me…

Technology
* In Belgium you can pay for your parking by sending a text through your cellphone and in Sweden you can pay your subway fare by sending text to the transit and showing a message to the subway attendant.

Transport:
* It comes on time....and you know how long you will wait...period!

Too Late:

Mullet Curl
• If you take the 2 WORST hairstyles and combine them, you get the Mullet Curl. This is a combo of…yup, you guessed it, a mullet and a jheri curl and this haircut is all the RAGE for these young boys. Most rocked by the Turkish and Moroccan youth ( because they got that good curly hair☺ ). This ish looks horrible, for real, it looks just like it sounds, I am not understanding why the two styles are making a come back an why we must enjoy the at the same time…I anit wit it.

Karl Kani
* Some kid had the audacity to wear a Karl Kani Shirt and hoodie in a public place. It look mad new….they still make that?????

Straight Wiggedy:

Overt racism
• “Muslim is the new Black”- It is very interesting to see the world through the eyes of a “regular American” as opposed to an “African American”. I am alarmed at how freely people (Belgian, French and Dutch) feel they can share there disdain of Moroccan and Turks with me and some how think I will share there ridiculous feelings. I am blown away. I mean I was appalled. I began to realize they do not see me as a black American but an America who will understand their “immigrant” problems. I had a guy go on about how “Turks, Algerians and Moroccans are the ones who benefit from all the unemployment aid and government programs” but he knows that some of them can be good because he has “a Turkish friend”. Did I mentioned that this guy was one a government program himself?? And he had been out of work and not looking for 5 months? And is someone lets you know the race/ethnicity of their “Friend”, they are mad racist. Out here “race” does not seems to be as much of an issue as much as the the desire for all immigrant communities to assimilate immediately to the Western way of life.

The Euro
• Yo this conversion situation is killing me. Every time I by something I am converting it to dollars in my head. The Euro is bootleg but it is nice to use the same currency between countries. This currency needs to depreciated immediately. The nice thing is that this is not a 24 hour country/ continent so there are not stores open all hours of the day, or every day for that matter, so you have plan your spending. You can’t just hop in a car end up at Hema (the Dutch Target) and blow 50 Euro because this city SHUTS down at 5pm.

The Dutch language
• Dutch people don’t even speak Dutch. It is all English all the time. So “nee” (no in Dutch) I am not learning the language. The only place you could speak it is in Holland and the words are MAD long. “Dziendschootsraatkoo” means “hi”…not really but you get my point. I would learn Swedish before Dutch, but only because my fans want to share so much with me…


Kym:)

No comments:

Post a Comment