Sunday, February 15, 2009

A global crisis; a world in need


so most of you know about the work I am doing and the peace building work I intend to do. But, I come to you all now about a crisis that affects us all and is a problem the world over. This problem has kept many people apart and tends to destroy many lives. I have smelled the problem brewing and now we must take action. The problem we are faced with is not a 21st century problem, it has been an issue since the beginning of time. I came FACE to FACE with this issue in the States and, alas, I find it to be a problem here as well. That problem is the issue of STANK BREATH!!!!! Why do people with the stankest breath stand the closest to your face??? Why do they ALWAYS refuse the breath mint you offer them, "Oh, no thanks. I'm good." I just want to say 'YOU ARE NOT 'GOOD'. Take this mint!'. It is crazy. I was as this jazz show and this guy behind me had the fowlest breath and he was watching the entire show with his MOUTH OPEN, I kid you not. I ask, if you must watch with your mouth open, must you breath??? I felt the hair on my nose singe and the skin inside my nose melt. I could not even focus on the concert (which was good. I saw a Dutch jazz singer called Faye Classen, pic attached, and she was dope. I saw her before the wack dance troops you will read about below) because I was trying to sync my breath up with his so I could avoid inhaling his breath. His breath was the "something crawled down your throat and died" breath. I must learn to say "Would you like a mint?' in Dutch.....

2 comments:

  1. Yeah. We all have bad breath moments. And usually when somebody just offers me a mint out of the blue, I take the hint and the mint. But in my experience, European tourists are pretty bad with the breath of terror thing. Not sure why. Cultural differences, maybe?

    ReplyDelete